My name is Carolyn Morey. In 1997 my husband and I were married by a civil celebrant on a forested headland overlooking the sea, here on the South Coast of NSW. It inspired my long held desire to one day become a celebrant. In 2011, I began the comprehensive training that has allowed me to become a civil marriage, and general celebrant. I was officially appointed as a registered Civil Celebrant by the Attorney Generals Department in 2012.
Over the last few years I have really been enjoying working with each couple to create meaningful, personalised wedding ceremonies and offering lots of guidance to make their special celebration go perfectly. I am able to perform weddings, commitment ceremonies, naming ceremonies and funerals.
Most of my working life has been as an Outdoor Education teacher and outdoor guide. I moved to the South Coast of NSW fourteen years ago with my husband to set up our own sea kayaking business (Bay and Beyond Sea Kayak Tours) in South Durras on the border of the Eurobodalla and Shoalhaven shires.
I am very happy and lucky to be living with my husband and two sons in the small village of South Durras on the South Coast of NSW. Surrounded by Murramarang National Park, South Durras is just 15 minutes north of Batemans Bay and half an hour south of Ulladulla, and 1 hr 45mins from Canberra, on the South Coast of New South Wales. This is a wonderful region for a wedding or any other special occasion. We are spoilt for fabulous beach, bush and parkland locations which I can suggest for your ceremony. There are some quality accommodation and reception options available for weddings in the area as well.
Why Choose Me As Your Celebrant?
- I am a warm, friendly and considerate person who relates well to others
- I will help design a unique ceremony that works for you
- I will guide you through all of the legal requirements
- I can offer resources and ideas about music, poetry, and other rituals to make the celebration something very special for you
- I am an articulate public speaker
- I am organised, punctual and well presented
- I use a high quality Mipro P.A. system
- I am available for a "wedding practice" prior to the day of your marriage
- I am able to advise on outdoor locations and how wind and weather may affect the ceremony
- I will travel to your wedding location as required
- My fees are moderate for the service and attention I offer